Integrating your zendesk account with UserIQ
With the zendesk integration you can see your customers open tickets in UserIQ, the link will take you into the ticket in zendesk.
- In Zendesk Support, click Manage () and then select API in the Channels category.
- Click the OAuth Clients tab on the Channels/API page, and then click the plus icon (+) on the right side of the client list.
- Complete the following fields to create a client:
- Client Name - Enter UserIQ.
- Description - Enter Integration with UserIQ.
- Company - UserIQ.
- Logo - Optional. This is the logo that users will see when asked to grant access to your application. The image can be a JPG, GIF, or PNG. For best results, upload a square image. It will be resized for the authorization page.
- Unique Identifier - Enter useriq
- Redirect URLs - Enter https://app.useriq.com/auth/zendesk/callback.
- Click Save.
After the page refreshes, a new pre-populated Secret field appears on the lower side. This is the "client_secret" value specified in the OAuth2 spec.
- Copy the Secret value to your clipboard and save it somewhere safe.
Note: The characters may extend past the width of the text box, so make sure to select everything before copying.
Important: For security reasons, your secret is displayed fully only once.
After clicking Save, you'll only have access to the first nine characters.
- Click Save.
After clicking Save you will only see your API client listed.
In Zendesk Support, click Manage () and then click on Organization Fields. From the list to the right, drag the Text field over to the left.
Enter the text organization_id in the Field key box. You can enter Organization ID in the Field text show to agents box. Then click the button Create field.
Log into UserIQ. Once you are logged in you will need to go to Site Settings, click on your name in the upper right corner, then click Site Settings. On the Menu to the left, click on the Zendesk tab under Integrations.
Populate the fields with your zendesk API client data and paste your secret key in the field to the right. Click the Connect to Zendesk button and make sure the connection works.
Once the connection is made you can map the field organizational_fields > organization_id on the next line then click Save Settings.
Once the connection is made and the data is passed to UserIQ you can drill down from the dashboard for individual accounts, see example below.