Why use CSV file?
When there is a spreadsheet with a list of specific users to target, CSV lists can be used in order to target these users. This can be used to shape the behavior of power users, key influencers, or users at risk for churn.
How to create a CSV list from a spreadsheet
- Create a data set with the list of targeted users. It is strongly recommended that users are identified with either user email addresses or user IDs.
- Take the column of user email data or user IDs and transpose it on a separate sheet in either Excel or Google Sheets. Copy the column of emails/user ids, then right click, special paste-transpose. This will turn the columns into rows.
- Confirm that the data list is a horizontal row and that it matches the list from the data set. Save this sheet as a CSV file.
- Open the folder containing the CSV file. Right click it and open it with a text editor such as Notepad or TextEdit. Verify that the data set is a list with each entry separated by a comma. Copy this list.
- Upload the CSV file using this URL https://app.useriq.com/#!/csv_upload
- Select the filter "User Attribute in Uploaded CSV"
- Click save to finish filtering this audience. The process is identical when creating a new custom segment.